Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sophie's First Halloween!

I think everyone will agree that holidays are that much more fun with little ones! Even my husband this month said the words "Having a kid is SO awesome!" She is truly the joy in our lives! Here is our little trip to the Pumpkin Patch. At this pumpkin patch they had a petting zoo, ponies to ride, tables to paint pumpkins, food, hay ride, and a little train. We can't wait 'til she's older and can enjoy these thigns. This will be the beginning of our little family tradition.



 
Our little pumpkin was a bit fussy... :(
 
 
 
 
For Halloween, our little pumpkin was an adorable lady bug! Growing up my mom always made my halloween costumes. I am proud to say that I made Sophia's first Halloween costume.

 
 
 
 I found a black long sleeve onesie and ironed on a ladybug patch from Hobby Lobby. She's wearing red leggings underneath her tutu. I wanted to her to have antennas but knew she wouldn't be able to handle long ones. So I just glued black cottonballs to a sequined headband. Her tutu was made out of tule. I cut strips of tule and tied knots half way through around a piece of ribbon. Then I would tie the ribbon around her little waste. No sewing needing! My kind of DIY halloween costume! Then I hot glued some black cottonballs to her tutu. I got the original idea here: No Sew TuTu I was planning to make the tutu all the way around. But when I stopped halfway around, I thought that was good enough. It worked out better to have the tutu only in the front and made it easier for her to lay on her back, sit in a carseat, and let people hold her.
 
My little lady :)
 
 
We can't wait for halloweens to come!

No comments: