Sunday, February 5, 2012

Overdue Post

Sorry for skipping out on the month of January... our laptop crashed and so I have been without a computer. Hubby won't share his school laptop. He keeps saying "i have to study, i have to study" blah blah blah! Just kidding. This is actually a really hard block for them (infectious diseases) and they have their hardest test (minus the USMLE) a week from tomorrow. Basically, the students are saying we didn't know how easy we had it last semester. Can you imagine?


Let's do a recap - Christmas was great! We went to my in laws and spent a few days there. It was nice to get away out to the hill country/lake. Next we headed up to Oklahoma to visit my grandparents and meet my parents, brother, and sister-in-law. So glad we decided to do that because we really don't get to see them often. My grandma just turned 93 and my grandpa just turned 89 and they're hanging in there just fine. Hubby always says I'm going to live forever because he believes a large part of living a long life is your genes. We'll see!

I was able to get start our married group when we got back from the break. We went out to dinner (both students and spouses) and it was great to meet everyone. Instead of doing dinner once a month, I decided that wasn't fair to take away everyone's one free weekend out of the month. So we will probably meet about two-three times a semester. Everyone really enjoyed it and was thankful it was put together. I think it's something that everyone needed. The class does little get-togethers, but most consist of the younger crowds and resemble a college party - which doesn't really appeal to people who have 5 kids, 3 kids, or a toddler at home. Once we get better acquainted, I am hoping that the spouse-wives can meet more often. Once the new year starts, we'll add on the incoming students and spouses too. Looking forward to it and the friendships that will be made!

Funny Story: this week we had to miss our Wednesday small group. The group leader texted my husband the next day saying something like we missed you guys. He responded "yeah, sorry i was giving a breast exam" Our group leader responded saying "that's the most awkward reason he has ever gotten and hilarious" Another reminder that the things that he does and say just aren't normal to other people. haha. We got a pretty good laugh at it.

For now, things are moving pretty slow around here compared to the holiday season. Hopefully we can get our laptop fixed soon and I'll be able to keep you all better updated...

No comments: