Monday, December 19, 2011

*Merry Christmas*

Merry Christmas!!!

Here is a summary of all the changes we have encountered this year. Some of you may be confused that you didn't receive a card from Fort Worth. Well, that is because there was a quick change of plans and we moved about 2 weeks before school started. I think, so far, that was the most stressful time of my life. Everything was last minute, moving twice in 1 month, and we didn't know what to expect  (and well that's just not my style). But some amazing people chipped in and made the move possible for us and we will forever be grateful. We feel at home in our new city and have been making lots of friends. It's comforting to know that we trusted God, even though we were too scared to leap, and are where we are supposed to be for the next four years of our lives.

The BIGGEST change this year was the husband starting medical school, which made the headline on our christmas cards. He has done sooo well in school and I am so proud of him! At first it was hard for us to adjust to this small town as well as the medical lifestyle (we've had some funny stories). Now the terminology is becoming a norm for us and he has to be careful about what he talks about in public. It took some time to get used to the schedule of a medical student, which changes weekly for him. It is crazy what you become accustomed to. I am thankful that in all this mess, my husband notices and appreciates the sacrifices we are having to make as a family. But it hasn't been all that bad - I planned for the worst and its not as bad as I expected. I got a new job! I am doing Faculty Development for the Health Science Center. It was definitely God's timing and I'm happy to begin my career in professional development and look forward to the opportunities in the future. I have also started a group that will begin the first week of the new year for all the spouses in medical school. I look forward to getting to know some new girls who are going through the same ups and downs that we are.

For thanksgiving, we headed to Santa Fe and spent the long weekend with my parents and brother and sister-in-law. This time with them was long overdue and our first time to see their new place! My parents absolutely love it there and are having a blast. We look forward to many more vacations there. StuDocs have 2 weeks off after they finish their NBME exam and I have a whole week off! Woohoo! I am so excited to get things done (get organized and caught up on laundry). There is a 'honey-to-do-list' that's been building up the past few months too. I got us some Nutcracker tickets for this week and we will be having Christmas at his parents. We are looking forward to the family time and the downtime to be a normal couple until "Infectious Diseases" starts next semester.

I hope that the holidays treat you and your loved ones well! Count your blessings, count them one by one. Count your blessings, and see what God has done!

Merry Christmas and see you in the New Year!
Love,
C&W

No comments: