Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Roles of the wife

She supplies the missing pieces of her husband's puzzle. What the husband begins, the wife finishes and refines. Man provides the raw materials and the woman polishes them.

One illustration another wife in our group made was the husband builds the house for the family, but the woman goes in and makes it the home. Together they build it to provide and protect their family. One is not a home without the other.

Marriage is filled with lots of 'help' - as in we are constantly helping eachother. I bring him dinner while he's studying late at the library and he always helps me get things down in our closet that I can't reach. :) We are in this together and are partners through life. When I say that, I stop and think "what if I was married to someone who I didn't love or respect? What if I was asked to pick up the extra slack around the house for a stranger or someone who I didn't love? Man, it's a good thing I love him!" If I was married to someone who I didn't respect, I would be one bitter lady doing my share of the 'helping.' I can't imagine helping anyone else.

No comments: