Thursday, June 21, 2012

And the winner is...

In honor of our 2 year anniversary.

When I was planning our wedding, I was allllll about doing things unique, making it fun, and memorable. One of those things being a guestbook. I remember I came up with an idea and searched and searched online (no pinterest back then!) to see if I could find something that mimicked what I was creating in my head... Something personal, memorable, similar to a scrapbook collection, and something that we would want to go back and look at for years to come. Although, I found a company that offered something similar, they wanted way too much money for what I was asking for (a common thread in planning a wedding), I was more than satisfied creating it myself so it would turn out exactly how I wanted. And I have to say this is the best guestbook idea ever!!!



The tables at our reception had a placemat/guestbook page that our guests could fill out while they were waiting for food or needing a break from dancing. It was also good in that the kids could draw all over it if they wanted to.

Here are the list of questions I came up with:
Name
Where did you travel from?
How did you meet the bride and groom?
What is your favorite memory with the bride and groom?
What is a "must do" for the bride and groom before their 10 year anniversary?
Your special wishes for the bride and groom.
Your predictions: Next city they will move to? Date of their first child? Number of children? One year anniversary plans?

I think our guest had a lot of fun coming up with answers to these questions! Some of the answers had alcohol involved and are hilarious to read! I remember the day after our wedding, sitting together, and flipping through this book. It was so fun to read. Remembering the very first time they met either of us, all their predictions, and their wishes for us.

Recently we re-organized our closet space (aka nesting) and came across our wedding box and ended up thumbing through our guestbook. And now for the fun part... WHO WON THE PREDICTION OF THE DATE OF THEIR FIRST CHILD???

The Winners
(drum roll please...)

First Place
Ron & Carrie - 11/15/12

Second Place
Dr. Zank - 11/2012
Tyler J. - 5/2012

Third Place
Mary and Enidio - 12/2013 
Jessica L. - 3/28/2012
Jason and Jamie - 3/15/2012
Hamiltons - 2/10/12
Paige - 2/21/12 
Courtney T. - 2/9/13

Honorable Mention
Ed and Veronique - 2012
Mama and Papa Ray - 2012
Jessica G. 2012
Erwins - 2012


I wish I had a prize for all of you! But instead you get bragging rights! For the record, no one guessed right on "Where we will move to next."
I definitely recommend this guestbook idea to everyone! It's so much better than just a signature :) It's always so fun to find and go back and read who was at our wedding and how they came into our lives.

1 comment:

sharyn said...

Great idea! Also I love the title of your blog. Hope all is well!